Sunday, 25 November 2007

Indie, the Yorkshire Terrier Terror!

6 am! Woke up to whining and pawing. Pitch black! Indie can be very naughty and run off to the main road every time he's let out so I usually put him onto a garden leash. But surely at this time of the morning, he will be too tired to do anything but his business and come straight back?!

So out he goes while I put the kettle and the laptop on! 10 mins later, loud barking rouses me up from my nice warm cuppa and I rush outside with a coat over my nightie and bare slippers, pulling at a poop bag and leash and keys! Indie gets all excited at seeing mama out to play and rushes out to the main road! I try to keep my cool and just hiss 'you bad bad boy! Just you wait till I get my hands on you!' which falls on very excited ears. Mama's voice in the cold dark quiet of the night,huh, she must want to play..so there goes a mad dog from one neighbour's garden to another, down one avenue to another until I decide to turn my back on him and walk the other way..

Oh, so this is how she wants to play this game..okay here goes, Indie races back down the wellworn track and gives me a rollover for a little pat and cuddle. I leap on him and leash him up in one full (in)elegant swoop. And what does he get for his misdemeanor? a slap on his paw and straight back in with the cross words' bad boy' ringing in his ears? Nope, a step into the well lit street and a walk round the block!

There's always time for 'lessons' next time..he does have me twisted round his little paw, my little Indiana!