Tuesday, 16 September 2008

17 Sept to ABji

One singular individual that took that walk and changed the world. If all of us decided to be that one individual, the world would change !!'

So true indeed! And I agree with you that every one of us has the ability to make a difference...why don't we TODAY do a Pass It On? Thant means each person will do one good act for someone else...and tell them to pass it on..so that person will do something nice for someone else..and so on. Remind them to say the words, 'Pass it on'. While we may not see the difference it makes, it surely will. That is the Domino Effect!

I thought of this before the movie came out by the same name. It all happened around 17 years ago when I crashed into a parked car and the owner came out to see her car in a 'written off' state. Yet, despite the fact she was at work and could not even get home that day, she turned to me with a comforting smile and said, 'the important thing is, 'are you okay?' I was so relieved with her reaction and in my own heightened sense of upset and shock, I made the decision I would pass on a similar reaction in similar situations.

Oh, the opportunity came several times. I have had cars bump into the side, reverse into me, knock mirror off etc over the years and even when Tanya and I were in a major accident on a dual carriageway owing to the fault of the other driver, despite cuts and bruises and a written-off car, I hugged the other driver and said, 'the important thing is 'you are okay?'

I hope I pass this onto the thousands who read this today.

And ABji, I love the fact you have us as your extended family and you are the Head. We hope anytime we say to you when (not if) we meet you that we are your blogging family, we get a precious moment of your time and a warm handshake.

Can we shake on that?

Reshmi