Saturday, 1 December 2007

My first week at work!

My new job is CHALLENGING!!!! I have to be on the ball at all times as I actually have to deliver teaching to 11 to 16 year olds! I cover classes for teacher absences in my post as a Learning Manager at a local comprehensive secondary school and already in the first week, have sent kids out of the classes and given out detentions, kept entire classes in for break..omg! I have fallen into the very trap I have always been determined to stay out of...teaching..and that too full days for full weeks, year 7s through to year 11s and anything from the languages and arts through to Maths, Sciences even PE!!! I have to shout and project my voice over some 30 mixed-ability not-all-desiring-to-learn students!!!! But it is a challenge and I have to swim having been thrown into the deep end. So far the observations have been good but there is bound to be bad days,worse days or really unbearable days!

But the truth is, I am enjoying it very much. I am waiting for the day when they know me well enough for me to drop the 'awful Miss' act and be myself!

Mum should be proud! A teacher and a Head for 45 years and her daughter has finally followed her footsteps!